Friday, July 13, 2012

Homemade Body Scrub

Pin It
So excited to share this with you all! 

Last weekend I finally got to make my very own homemade body scrub! 
I love using body scrub, but last time I purchased a container of it, it was around $30.  
I realized that I could make some and decide what scent I wanted it for way cheaper.
 

So when we stayed in a little West Texas town last weekend, I went to a soap store where I purchased some yummy smelling essential oils.  I got the scent Pineapple Lime, it is very different, but very nice and smells refreshing.  

Anyways though, you don't even have to purchase any essential oils to add a scent to your own body scrub. There are so many ways that you can add a good scent.  
-First, the way I make the body scrub already has a nice sweet scent to it
-or you could add a baking extract, for example, almond or vanilla, anything you can get at a local grocery store. 
-you can also use spices-such as cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice
-or you can use a fine grater and grate orange or lemon peels into it



Here's the recipe I used and the different scents I made: 
-1 cup of brown sugar
-1 cup of pure cane sugar
-3/4 cup of olive oil (in the future though I will use COCONUT OIL!)
*You may want to add more oil as you mix it, depending on how moist you like your scrub
-add your scent to your liking

HOW EASY IS THAT!! 
It works amazing too! I have loved using mine.  I made two different types and I keep one by my bath tub and the other in my shower....so I always have it! 

Here's the two scents I used: 
1) I used my pineapple lime essential oil & almond extract together! It is seriously amazing
**You can buy essential oils at Hobby Lobby or Natural Grocer stores, or online

2) I grated lemon peel, which is so refreshing.  Then I also put some Eucalyptus Oil in it.  This one feels so fresh when I use it! It's nice to know that it has fresh fruit peels in it! 



Don't forget we have a GIVEAWAY going on right now! You could win a large bottle of this Gold Label Coconut Oil! Go ENTER and see all the way that you can use Coconut Oil! 

Check out our Linky Parties page to see where all we are linking this up! 

-Little Sis


Pin It