Saturday, June 23, 2012

Texas Bloggers Series: The Grant Life

Pin It

Today I would like to introduce to you, Kelley! Kelley is the master mind behind The Grant Life.  I love so much keeping up with Kelley's blog, she is full of life, and I am so glad to be bloggy friends with her.  I met Kelley on Twitter also, where we had a conversation that was probably actually too long to be "Twitter Appropriate." :-) But I am glad we met and that Kelley has decided to share a little about herself here at Natural-Nesters today! I encourage you, head over to her blog and get to know her more, you won't regret it! 

the Grant life
Hello Natural Nesters friends!  My name is Kelley and I'm so excited to be here today!  I'm a stay at home mom to 2 blonde haired, blue eyed babies and I blog over at the Grant life.  I'm going to share a delicious and healthy recipe with yall today.  [Yea Im a Texan too!  Howdy!]



Im going to give you a little background on me before I share our simple recipe.  [Its ridiculously simple and quick.. I gotta add some filler content.. hah!]  Im a mom to two beautiful babies who are exactly 14 months apart.  [Thats our little family at the San Antonio Zoo!]  Since I was pregnant so soon after our daughter was born, I didnt have much time to get my pre-baby body back.  Now, 27 months after our first baby I'm attempting to shed those extra pounds.  I work out 4 or more times a week and I am slowly changing the way I eat.   Which is the harder part for me.  



Apparently Greek yogurt is good for you.. really good.  Its full of protein and has no trans/saturated fats.  Unfortunately it tastes like yogurt but feels like sour cream.  [Eww.. I know.]  The good news is you can add just about anything to it to give it a better flavor and texture.  My favorite thing to add is honey and granola.  My bloggy friend Jill has this simple recipe for frozen yogurt bites and they look so good!  I used my [healthy] Greek yogurt and my add ins and created my own version.

Mix all your ingredients [granola and honey in my case].  Spoon them into a muffin tin (or onto freezer paper like Jill did) and place them in the freezer.

The honey gives the Greek yogurt a much nicer texture and the granola.. well it just tastes good.  [Side note.. I love muffin pans!  They are so versatile.]

It took about 2 hours for my Greek yogurt bites to harden.. I know this because I kept poking at them.  I wanted one.  And as you can see by the missing bite, I got one!  I wanted to make sure they were really good before I took pictures of them.

I used a fork to pry them out of the muffin pan.  They popped out pretty easily.. I was kinda worried.

Hello delicious healthy treats!  So nice to eat you!  I had two [or three] of these little guys and saved the rest for later.  They stayed fresh in a ziplock bag in the freezer.

Thank you for letting me share my super easy snack recipe today!  If you get a chance stop by my blog and say hello!  I love making new friends!  



Don't forget while I am gone if you would like to keep up with us, we are keeping a small blog called Mission-Trinidad! Be sure to check it out, we will be posting pics, giving updates on how we are doing, and sharing some great testimonies about how good the Lord is!  




Pin It