Thursday, January 5, 2012

Growing my Blogging Community!

Pin It Yesterday I got very inspired by reading a post by Tatertots & Jello. She is partnering with 4 other bloggers and they are doing a 5 day series of making your blog better! So they are giving all sorts of tips.  In the TT&J post from yesterday, she specifically addressed the topic of Growing Your Blog. I found this very interesting because I blog pretty often, but I don't really know if a lot of people read my blog.
 You see when I first started blogging it was right after losing my brother.  It was the hardest thing, literally that I have every gone through, and my sister started blogging, and then so did I.  So for a long time it was a place that I would come just to let out all of my emotions.  It was a nice relief, and I really don't think anyone read it at that time. Which was probably a good thing. I will recommend anyone who is going through a tough situation to use blogging as a way to write out all your feelings, I found it as a handy coping mechanism.
Anyways, so eventually I would write encouraging things that the Lord was teaching me, and that is when I discovered the share button on my blog.  I would then start sharing my posts to my facebook, and I found that a few of my friends would read my blog.

Even now though, I am really enjoying being a wife and taking care of my home, so my blog has really turned into more about that.  About all the adventures we take, about life, about crafting which I love to do, about party planning which also makes me so happy.  All of these things, and I have found that a few more people are starting to read my blog....BUT I want to have more interaction with my readers, and really build a community within blogland.

And yesterday I was inspired by the words on this post by TT&J: 
"Really, community IS the blog.  If the community is gone, the blog doesn’t even exist."


That hit me hard because I realized if I didn't have a community within my blog then my posts/blog really mean nothing! So I have decided to do a few things to build that community! And I am inviting you to join along with me!

Below I will list some of the ways that you can get more involved! You can choose one or all of them! But I would love see you be a part of this and know that you enjoy my posts and I would love to see you interact with me!

Follow Me on Pinterest



LIKE my new Page on Facebook

If you are a blogger/google member you can Press JOIN THIS SITE to the right, or FOLLOW on the top.

If you are not a blogger/google member then you can enter in your email address to the right and press SUBSCRIBE.  This will just send you some updates about my new posts to your email, (NO junk mail).


Thanks so much! I look forward to seeing who joins in on the fun!



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany!! thanks for mentioning the series I'm participating in. I love the sense of community the creative blogs. It's wonderful!! And it's so fun getting to know people!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also having a love affair with yellow and gray! I just dedicated a Pinterest board to it! Dreaming right now of that as a new bedroom theme :) So many blogs to find great ideas - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete